Searching and applying for grants and scholarships is an ongoing process. To seek out the right grants and scholarships, students generally need to:
- Choose the right scholarships to apply for (some require good academics – merit based; and some require a certain financial standing – need based)
- Apply for the grant or scholarship
- Have letters of recommendation
- Write some type of application and essay
- Fill out the FAFSA
The links below can help guide you in securing grants and scholarships.
3. College Based
- All private schools have grants and scholarships for students who are accepted.
- Some California UC and CSU schools have grants and scholarships based on Merit or Need.