Searching and applying for grants and scholarships is an ongoing process. It is much like being a detective. To seek out the right grants and scholarships, students generally need to:
- Choose the right scholarships to apply for (some require good academics – merit based; and some require a certain financial standing – need based)
- Apply for the grant or scholarship
- Have letters of recommendation
- Write some type of application and essay
- Fill out the FAFSA
The links below can help guide you in securing grants and scholarships.
- Check out your high school counseling website for local scholarship and awards
- Email your counselor to ask about local scholarships and what you have to do to apply
3. College Based
- All private schools have grants and scholarships for students who are accepted.
- Some California UC and CSU schools have grants and scholarships based on Merit or Need.
The websites below provide searches for scholarships – choose one of these. The site will email scholarship information to you. And these are good for parents, too!